Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Goal: Document my memories, and color color color!


Ok, where did I leave off? The crystal meth revelation right? Well, let's not go there yet. There's plenty of time for that, and so much other stuff to talk about. Since people are so quick to judge when they hear that you experimented with drugs in the past, let's let imaginations run wild and theories form before I tell the real story. 


I gave some deep thought to the whole point of my starting (or restarting, rather) a new blog. Is it to discuss politics or news? To voice my intellectual opinion on things that everybody is talking about right now? Or should I use this blog as a median with which to advertise the things I sell on Souq.com? Perhaps I should make this my vehicle to express my pent-up frustrations. The problem with all of the above is that, bottom line, it's b-o-r-i-n-g. Who wants to hear about all of that anyway? And I realized something. Reading my old Webjournal, I felt like I went back in time to those crazy wild days that I sometimes miss so much. So what I want to do is document my memories, as best as I can, so that whenever I feel like making a random trip down memory lane, I can go back to my blog and visualize in my mind the craziness of my past. As you've noticed, I use the word "crazy" a lot, but this is only because it's simply the best way to describe it. So you see, this blog isn't really for you guys to learn more about me and who I am - it's for me to remember who I used to be and to reconcile that with the person I am today. The only problem is that this is a very public blog and there are tons of things that I want to remember, but that I don't want the whole world to know. So I'll try to gloss over some of those crazier parts without detracting too much from the memory. Don't worry, I promise it will still be lots of fun!


Now doesn't this sound much better than reading a so-called intellectual blog full of fancy pants lingo and heavy sarcasm? I confess, I do have a tendency to get very analytical, but I will try my best to refrain from complicated language :) So let's get started!

First thing you need to know: there's been, and will probably always be, a lot of drama in my life. I've done a lot of stupid stuff, but I'm not ready to spill all my secrets here. The stupid regrettable stuff will have to be published one day in a fiction novel under an alias.



Let's get down to the basics: I'm a Philippine-born, US-raised 29-year-old who doesn't feel her age (as you will come to find out), is naturally upbeat - but unhappy about many things in her life, is trying to see past her imperfections, and has 100% faith and belief in God Almighty, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. I love horror movies, and I've seen ghosts (more about that in another post), and I love to travel. I want to explore the world, I want to be financially healthy enough not to have to work, and I want more hours in the day to be able to do the things that I want to do. I have a healthy love for arts & crafts (you should see my dining table - it's arts & crafts heaven), and I love love love cats, especially my Momens. I love to hang out with friends from all walks of life, and it's these people that color my world. As I begin to relate to you the craziness of my past life, I hope my friends will begin to color your reading as well :)

1 comment:

Cris said...

It's always interesting to revisit your own blog entries later, no? Sometimes I have no recollection of writing stuff until I go back to read it, hahaha.

My problem is that if I try to blog regularly, it becomes a self-imposed chore, and then I find myself resisting it. I should just blog whenever I feel like it and not pressure myself to make it thorough, consistent, and perfect.

And I agree, sometimes I want to vent or blog as an outlet, but not necessarily share private stuff with the public. I have done that before, where I blogged anonymously and disabled comments.

Happy blogging, little Cay. Darn tootin', hehe.