Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Busy Biotch with a new juicy story to uncover from her past!

My boss has kept me SO busy this week. I've been having a huge headache almost every afternoon. I didn't even have time to drop a line to tell you guys that I'm busy :( Sorry about that.

I'm drinking lots of Green Tea every day because I read somewhere that it's chock full of anti-oxidants and it's good for the skin. My coworker taught me how to make Turkish-style steamed vegetables with chili flakes. Yum yum! Tried it out and the hubby loved it. Plus, it's cheap to make :)

Anyway, today I'm busy sending out my resume to every company in the Media City directory because I just love this area - it's close to my home, and my husband and I have been working in this area for years now so it's just really convenient cuz I don't have to drive myself. We're also thinking of moving to a new, cheaper apartment, but we know by now that there's no such thing as "cheap" in Dubai. This is, after all, the 7th most expensive city in the world. Yikes. What are we doing here again?!

So my problem is that by November 12th I will be finished with my temp contract at the company I'm currently working in, and I still don't know where I'll be working next. It's such a pain having to look for a job. The thing is, if I don't get a job right after my temp gig, my husband and I won't be able to afford the apartment we're in now. I'm trying to sell as much stuff as I can on Souq, but there's only so much stuff to sell, y'know? More than 3/4 of my paycheck goes to my bills. I'm stuck with massive credit card debt, a personal loan that will take 3 years to pay off, and if I don't find a job, I'm afraid the banks will come after me. It is not a good thing to be in jail in the Middle East. Recession sucks. So hard to find a good job these days. Because of the bad financial state we're in at the moment, I am going to post a donation button on this site, and on my profile page. Maybe some kind human beings will take pity on a hard-working individual who might get thrown out on the street or go to jail if she doesn't get a job ASAP. Even $1 helps. Please find the donation button below:










So, I've been thinking about which juicy story I should remember from my past for this entry. There are just so many! I've decided to go with a very tame one for now.

This one's from way back in the past, even before I went to the PI for college. It was me, one of my best friends Jamie, her boyfriend, and another guy friend. The funny thing is I can't even remember if the guy friend was my boyfriend or not because it was so long ago! I just remember that there were four of us. We were in Georgetown in Washington, DC. We always liked to skip school (back then we were freshmen at J.E.B. Stuart High School). One night we got in a friend's car (it was either Jamie's boyfriend's car or the other guy), and got someone to buy us alcohol (because we were too young), and we drove to the Exorcist Steps. This is where they filmed the original movie The Exorcist. The actual house is a few yards away from the top of the stairs. We went there at night, got drunk and got a little rowdy. One of the guys was walking on the top of the ledge. It was and still is a really freaky place. Especially at night! One of us swore we saw something. We ran down those steps super fast! And that's a lot of stairs! One thing though, I was amazed by the amount of graffiti all over the stairs. Of course, we left our names as well :)

A couple nights later, Jamie's boyfriend sneaked out of the house in the middle of the night, stole his mom's car and picked us up. We made it halfway to Georgetown before his mom called on the car phone and told us we were busted. Turns out his mom called the cops on him, so when he got home the cops arrested him and took him to juvy. We didn't see him for months. Needless to say, Jamie was devastated. Her boyfriend's name was Kelly, and damn if he wasn't hot! He was two years older than us, and he was living with his mom, who was an artist. They were pretty well off. I remember his bedroom having a water bed and his wall was painted in awesome colorful splotches by his mom. Jamie was lucky :) She cried for days when Kelly went away, though. That really sucked. Man, the stories she used to tell me about her and Kelly. Like he used to do her on the counter in the basement (the whole basement was her private domain - she made it into a bedroom with lots of entertainment!), while she drank water. I was like, why would you drink water while doing it?!

So that's just one of the little stories I have from my past. Not very entertaining, huh? Well, you're in for some crazy stuff. Don't say I didn't warn ya. Till then. Out!

No comments: